SUNDAY CURRENTLY, VOLUME 10

Sunday, September 30, 2018

It's my tenth volume of Sunday Currently! I'm so happy because it's my favourite number - my birthday falls on the tenth of January (narcissistic much?).

Stuvac is finished and I'm moping cause I didn't use it productively. Whose fault is that, Justine?!

So, in order to feel productive, I'm writing a blog post today. Here it goes.

C U R R E N T L Y

Reading
High-resolution comparative analysis of great ape genomes. It's a scientific article about comparing the human genome from non-human apes (like chimpanzees, orangutans, and gorillas). I have to use the article as a reference for my assignment for Genetics. It's quite difficult to understand so I have to google every second word that I encounter.

Making
excuses as to why I haven't finished reading the paper that I technically should've finished reading weeks ago. The assignment is due on Wednesday, and I had the whole semester to start it!!!!!!

Writing
comments everywhere on the paper. I'm jotting down the definitions of words that I don't really understand, as well as my thoughts about the topic.

Listening
to a playlist called used to. These are songs that I used to listen to ALL THE TIME.

Watching
nothing in particular, really. Just finished The Good Cop (2018) - it stars Josh Groban. Yes, I was surprised as much as you are - did not expect that, right? Though, the show is quite endearing. 10/10 recommend, despite the lack of female characters, the ones - or rather one - is strong!!! Diversity is good in this show, too. Also, The Good Place (2017) is back, but only one episode per week is released on Netflix, sadly. Can't wait for my other shows to com back, though!

Thinking
of how sad I Swear This Time I Mean It by Mayday Parade is. I can't remember how I came across this song - probably one of those times I was browsing fan-made song playlists of books I was reading at the time. I do remember putting this song in one of my playlists, too.

Searching
my tumblr for Mayday Parade posts in hope of finding said playlist. And... I found it. I didn't make the playlist, lol. Somebody made a Mara Dyer Playlist. Check it out. I was so emo back in 2013. 

Smelling
myself? Sounds weird but I just took a shower and I really love the rosey scent of our body wash.

Wishing
to reach 2.5k followers on tumblr soon. So close!!!!!! A very shallow wish, but it is what it is.

Hoping
to finish my assignment by tomorrow! Let's go!!!!

Wearing
the green Blackmores volunteer shirt. Grey short shorts that I got from Forever 21 in the US and kinda regret buying cause it's basic. I could probably find this in Target or Kmart at a much cheaper price. Still, it's soooo comfy.

Loving
Taylor Swift's and Ed Sheeran's friendship and their song collaborations. Everything Has Changed just came up on my playlist. It's the perfect song for such a sunny Sunday.

Wanting
to run away, fly away, just to be lost.

Needing
to start being productive. I need to finish that assignment because I have another one to do, which is a group one. And then exams are coming up, and I need to start preparing for those because I really don't want to fail anything!

Feeling
sad and melancholy. The song Moonlight Over Paris by Peter Mayer pretty much sums it up. I'm not sure if my interpretation of the lyrics are correct. But here's what I think...

The first stanza depicts that these two people have been busy, doing their own things with their own lives, and have nothing to do with each other. That last line in the stanza, Haven't seen the sun since eighty-nine, makes it sadder because, for me, it's saying that the speaker hasn't been happy in  so long. Or maybe, the sun symbolises his lover, who he hasn't seen. Either way, the sun is often used as symbol for happiness. And he's missing that - happiness. Try as you might to keep yourself busy, you can't be truly happy because she's not beside you.

The chorus questions life and happiness. The line Does the moonlight shine on Paris, after the sun goes down? displays that questioning - can we find happiness after that happiness has gone? Will there really be a light at the end of the tunnel? And it screams hope because, after all, Paris is known as the city of light. Even when the light of day is gone, the city shines bright because of the stars and the moon and the lights of the city.

Then there's that next question If the London Bridge is falling, will anybody hear the sound? Amidst all the chaos of a buzzing city, with everybody doing their own thing, will anybody notice my heartbreak? Will anybody care if my world is crumbling into pieces? Do I matter?

Hah, I just turned this into an English essay. All I wanted to do was explain my feelings. Bottom line, I feel lonely and I'm missing someone. That someone isn't necessarily somebody I've been in a relationship with, or someone I've actually met. If you believe in soulmates, maybe you'll get it... Or maybe I'm just crazy, but I actually miss my soulmate, despite never ever meeting him.

Well that's my Sunday. How's yours?

image from pinterest

You Might Also Like

0 comments