SUNDAY CURRENTLY, VOLUME 7

Sunday, August 05, 2018


The past week was hectic. I had my first Genetics lab class - we had to observe flies by anaesthetising it with ice. Unfortunately, we didn't get to choose our lab groups, unlike the previous BABS classes. We were put into groups before the class. Lucky for me, Shelley - BABSOC's secretary - and two other friends - Elsa and Rida - are in my group. I also had my first Trends in Biotechnology tutorial this week. For this class, we were able to choose people for our upcoming group projects. It took me a while to find a group of people who also wanted to study Environmental issues because most of the others wanted to do something in Medical. It was really embarrassing going around the classroom asking if people were interested in Environmental! Eventually, I found some people who were happy to be in a group with me. Now, it's yet another Sunday, and yet another Sunday Currently edition. Without further adieu... 

C U R R E N T L Y

Eating
homemade Taho. Thanks, Kuya Marlon for making the tofu and tapioca pearls! Craving satisfied!

Listening
to nothing. My sister's watching a supernatural K-drama, so I have that as background noise. My playlist this week will include OST from the K-drama Uncontrollably Fond (2016). The songs are feel-good material.

Reading
nothing at the moment. I will try to read Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan.

Watching
Meteor Garden (2018) still! They release two episodes at a time every Wednesday to Saturday, so that's 8 episodes every week! I just finished Uncontrollably Fond, too. The first half of the series was quite excellent - it had a good balance of drama, romance, and comedy. However, the storyline got a bit messy in the middle. At the end, I ended up BAWLING. It's such a heartbreaking series. Would 6/10 recommend.

Thinking
about whether or not I should watch the Genetics lecture (that I missed on Friday) tonight or tomorrow morning...

Smelling
the arnibal (caramelised brown sugar) from the taho. Hmm, so sweet.

Wishing
we could visit the Philippines in January. Then visit our family friends in Thailand. Really just longing for some tropical weather. Of course, I miss our extended family.

Hoping
to start my Genetics assignment some time this week. And to finish reading all the papers that I need to read.

Wearing
a pink jacket over my black Disney shirt and black joggers. No bra, because... #FREETHENIPPLES. Ha, it's just really more comfortable letting my boobies hang free. 😂

Loving
how organised I am for my group project! Seriously, I compiled a list of scientific articles, as well as media articles, that we should read for our chosen topic.

Wanting
to start a bullet journal. I want to make it all pretty and organised. I'm kind of scared of starting it tbh. I might not have time or will feel too lazy to continue writing/updating it every day. I already have trouble doing so with my blog, and having a blog isn't even that difficult, tbh.

Needing
for some craziness in my life. All the fun stuff always seem to happen to all my friends, except for me. To be fair, I'm not an adventure-seeker though. I like staying at home and doing nothing all day. But right now, I feel like life is just so dull, so boring, so repetitive, so cyclical, so routinely.

Feeling
at ease; uneasy; calm; apprehensive. Just put on my earphones and listening to Golden Love by Midnight Youth and it makes me feel relaxed. But then, if I think too hard, I suddenly feel nervous. I think it's because one second I'm inspire to act on all the creative stuff that I'm thinking off. Then a second later, I suddenly feel discouraged.


Also learnt how to make photos grainy using Photoshop! I is proud!

Have an awesome week ahead!



You Might Also Like

0 comments