10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT WINTER

Tuesday, August 28, 2018


Winter is ending. *queue the Game of Thrones theme song*

In less than a week, spring will grace us with its presence. And off winter goes!

I know, I know. I've been complaining nonstop about how I hate winter so much. I hate feeling cold. I hate that I can only ever wear pants. I hate always sniffing because I got sick. I hate missing the sun's warmth. However, I think winter just needs some appreciation. So here is a list of things I love about winter.

1. Oversized jumpers (or hoodies). They are so comfortable and you can never go wrong with a jumper and jeans attire.


2. Reusable clothes. Because you're wearing thousands of layers, and because you don't sweat as much as during the summer, you don't need to change your outfit every day. You can get away with wearing exactly the same shirt and pants combination as you did the previous day, nobody would notice it under your oversized jumper.



3. Cardigans. They just work so well with any outfit - whether your wearing pants, skirt, or dress. It's cute.


4. Hot showers. After a long day of freezing your ass off, a long, hot shower is all you need to release the tension from your muscles. I also love seeing the steam fog the windows and mirrors.

5. Newly washed fluffy blankets, towels, and rugs, straight out of the dryer or the heater. Nothing more comforting than coming out of the shower, wiping your feet to dry on the wooly rug and wrapping a snug towel around yourself. After drying off yourself, you get to jump into bed with fluffy blankets.



6. Beanies. I love wearing them! I just feel so much cuter when I wear them. Plus, I can hide my bed hair (I always forget to brush my hair before going out).



7. Hot chocolate. Holding onto warm cups hot chocolate (bought from the best coffee cart on campus) to defrost your shivering fingers is honestly the best feeling.



8. A deeper appreciation for the sun's warmth. The stinging hug of the wind is always accompanied by the sun's warm kisses. During the summer, we always seem to curse the sun for bringing us the sweltering heat, so it's good to appreciate it for bringing us exactly what we curse it for during the cool weather.

9. Scarves. You can't wear them during summer because that would just be torture. In winter, it's a a form of solace... or a fashion statement.


10. Lastly, your love one's warm embrace. This one's pretty self-explanatory. Whether it refers to your partner, or your friends, or your family, hugs always warm one's heart, especially during winter.

What are your favourite things about winter?

You Might Also Like

0 comments