WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE UMINA

Sunday, December 11, 2016


It was a one-of-a-kind experience.

My friends and I planned this trip weeks before graduation- and even before the HSC. The idea itself got me excited even though we didn't have the full details just yet. It actually took a while to- and a lot of- nagging to convince my mother to allow me to go in this trip. I even begged my sisters to go with me just so mother dear would let me!

In the end, mum gave up and told me to ask mi padre. He immediately said yes?!

The Meeting de Avance


There were a lot of commotion following graduation as Kaitlyn and Jason needed to collect the down payment for our accomodation. We met up at Jason's place a week or two before heading off to Umina. We worked out travel, cabin, and meal arrangements. We also handed the final payment for our cabins to Kaitlyn.

We ended up having a list of grocery, which Jason and his mum were both happy to do.

Nicole, Tina, Kim, Andrew, Kim, Evelyn and I concluded that we would catch the train together to Woy Woy station. Kaitlyn was to accompany Jason in his car, and Andy and Adil would be driving there, too.

I finally got to meet Molly, Jason's dog, who he sends snaps of on snapchat. Evelyn got attached to Molly, and throughout the whole meeting, she would talk to the doggy in this really soft voice that she never uses on human beings. LOL


                           



Faaaast-forward to the day of the trip! On the 28th of November...

Train adventures!


While Jason and Kaitlyn left Sydney at around 11 in the morning, the six of us catching the train left the city at 1pm. Jason picked us up at 3pm from the station and we struggled to fit our luggages into his car. Yup, we all overpacked.



Once we got to the resort, we tried sorting which rooms to share with whom, but we were taking too long so we decided to settle it after dinner.


So it begins...

The sun was out, and it was a humid day, so Evelyn, Jason, Kaitlyn, and I took a dip in the pool. The water was cool against our sticky skins. There was a mini water slide in the pool, which plunged me into the deepest end, and I struggled to find my footing a couple of times. We stayed in the pool for a bit, just relaxing, chatting, threading through the water, floating...



Eventually, the four of us had to hop out of the pool so we could put together dinner for the group. Evelyn and I prepared the salad; Andrew, Tina, and Nicole cooked the potato bites; and Jason and Kaitlyn barbecued sausages and meat patties outside.




   

Following dinner, our cabin hosted the game for the night. Kaitlyn, Adil, and Tina bought drinks earlier so we shared that while we played Cards Against Humanity. It was hilarious because it truly showed the darkness within you. But it's all in good fun.

After two or three rounds, however, we retired to our cabins as we were all very exhausted from our trip.

My cabin decided sleep out in the living room. We placed three mattresses on the floor- Jason, Kaitlyn, and Evelyn slept on those, while Andrew and I slept on the L-shaped sofa.

It took a while for us to sleep so we just chatted and let the tv play in the background...

Till the next post!




Always,
Justine

You Might Also Like

0 comments